What time does the festival open?
9 AM – 7 PM
Please review the “Opening” page for our latest opening information.
What are the Dates and Hours of the Festival?
We are open Open Weekends (SAT & SUN) Aug. 20 – Oct. 2, 2022 Plus Labor Day, Sept. 5 & Fest Friday, September 30, 2022 • 9am – 7pm
When will you start announcing information about the 2022 Minnesota Renaissance Festival?
Follow our social media channels and sign up for our e-blasts to be the first to hear about festival news and exciting announcements.
Can I bring my dog?
Yes, the Festival is Dog Friendly! See our dog rules and registration page for more info!
DOGS ONLY! No other pets will be allowed on festival grounds!
Are there ATMs available at the Festival?
Yes. ATM machines are located in the following locations:
- Outside of the Front Gate near the Ticket Booth
- Oven Hill Market (area 2) near Bad Manor
- Marketplace (area 4) near First Aid
- Folkstone Well (area 5) near the Soda Booth
- Narrows Market (area 7) near the the Soda Booth
- Outside of Queens Gate near the Ticket Booth
- Treetop Round (area 3) near the Botanical Booth
- Cartwheel Cove (area 8) near the Soda Booth
See the festival map to find one.
What credit cards does Festival accept?
We welcome VISA, MASTERCARD, DISCOVER and AMERICAN EXPRESS at Ticket Booths, most merchandise shops and some food locations. Most game locations ONLY accept cash.
Does Festival accept personal checks or foreign currency?
Festival does not accept personal checks or foreign currency in any locations.
Does the Festival provide any accommodations for the hearing impaired?
More information will be announced soon
Can we bring our own Food and Beverage to the Festival?
Outside food and beverages may not be brought into the festival, with the exception of bottles or baby food for infants or toddlers and packed lunch for those with life-threatening allergies or dietary concerns. The Minnesota Renaissance Festival offers a wide-variety of food options at various booths and food vendors throughout the festival. Groups looking for catering may contact Group Sales at 952.445.7361 or email@example.com for delicious meal options.
You may leave the festival and parking lot at any point during the day. Please remember to have your hand stamped so you may re-enter the festival without having to pay. Guests will be required to have their hand-stamped to re-enter the park. For safety reasons, Festival prohibits grilling and open flame fire pits of any kind on property including any and all parking lots. No alcoholic beverages are allowed outside of the Festival.
What if I need medical attention?
The Renaissance Festival provides a fully equipped and professionally staffed First Aid Station, which is clearly visible on the grounds near Cock-A-Doodle Petting Zoo.
Where is the lost and found?
Anything that is turned in at the Festival can be found at the Information Booth that weekend, otherwise call the office Monday – Friday 10am-4pm, to collect your lost items.
For More information please contact the Festival Office at 952-445-7361 or email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Is the Renaissance Festival open during the week?
The Festival is only open Saturday and Sundays August 20 through October 2rd, 2022 with the exception of Labor Day Monday September 5 & Festival Friday September 30,2022
Can I take a shuttle to the Festival?
Are you open during inclement weather?
We are open rain or shine. We do not offer refunds in the event of inclement weather.
What time are the Jousts?
The Joust is held 4 times daily at 11:00am, 1:00pm, 3:00pm and 5:00pm.
What time is the Daily Parade?
Daily Parade and Royal Tribucade is held at 1:00 pm each day.
Can I bring prop or peace-tied weapons?
The Minnesota Renaissance Festival invites all guests to attend in costume provided the following rules are observed.
- Mid-America Festivals bans firearms on the premises.
- Guests may not perform or pose for pictures for other guests for remunerations of any kind, including tips.
- Guests may wear a sword or dagger but the sword or dagger must be sheathed completely with no part of the blade showing and secured in the sheath or scabbard with a plastic zip tie, (peace bound or peace tied), and at no time may they be drawn from the scabbard or sheath. All other weapons are not permitted on the premises.
- Zip ties are available at each entrance gate. Guests may not carry any other weapons or objects that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon, and no costume or accessory may contain sharp objects, pointed objects, or materials that may accidentally strike another guest.
- Bows are not permitted except may be transported, by competitors, unstrung, to and from festival events, such as the longbow competition.
- Costumes and attire must be family-friendly and may not be offensive, obstructive, violent or otherwise objectionable.
- Children may wear masks.
- Adults may wear appropriate masks that do not cover their entire face.
- Festival reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to require a Guest to remove his/her mask and or to require that the Guest take their mask off site. The above is consistent with the practices of recent years.
- Footwear is required at all times.
- Plastic and wood toy weapons are allowed without sheaths or peace bonded, but may not be wielded in a way that they might accidentally strike another guest or employee.
- Guests wearing bulky or layered clothing may be subject to additional security screening.
- Guests who do not adhere to the costume/weapons policy may be refused entry and/or removed, unless the costume or attire can be modified to meet the above standards.
What if we have special dietary needs?
The Minnesota Renaissance Festival makes every effort to accommodate the needs of our guests. If you adhere to a specific dietary regiment or have food allergies, the following Gluten Free and Vegetarian options are available to guests with special dietary requirements. Please refer to the festival map for locations.
Due to high volume production, The Minnesota Renaissance Festival food locations cannot accommodate or guarantee separation of cooking surfaces. Those guests who suffer from sensitive or life-threatening allergies (such as peanuts, tree nuts, soy, milk, eggs and wheat) should exercise extreme caution as foods are transported, stored and prepared in close proximity.
Instead of risking adverse reactions, we encourage our customers who are concerned with food allergies to bring a packed lunch to safely enjoy.
Mid America Festivals is providing this information for informational purposes only. Neither MAF, its subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, vendors and/or employees assume responsibility for sensitivity or allergy to any food product or ingredient provided by or in our festival.
Is the Festival wheelchair accessible?
The Festival is held in a natural, outdoor setting. Wheelchairs and motorized wheelchairs are allowed. We have disabled accessible parking, and disabled accessible portable toilets.
Can I rent a Scooter or Wheelchair while at the Festival?
We do not have wheelchairs or strollers for rent, but we do offer a limited number of motorized scooters for rent.
Scooter Rental Information:
Full Day – 9:00am – 6:00pm – $65.00
$100.00 refundable credit card damage deposit is required to pick up the scooter.
Where can I camp nearby the Festival?
There is no camping or overnight parking on the Festival grounds. However, there are close camping sites listed on the Visit Shakopee website.
Where can I Nurse at the Festival?
Per Minnesota law breastfeeding is allowed anywhere on site where a mother/child is otherwise allowed to be.
If you are seeking a designated Nursing station: The lactation station is located across from Treetop stage. Services & amenities include benches and a diaper changing station.
First Aid is located near Cock-A-Doodle Petting Zoo. Services & amenities include chairs and air conditioning.
If I wear a costume, can I get in free?
No, but we have a costume contest that occurs each morning at 10:30 am at the Palace Garden.
If I leave the Festival, can I get back in?
You may leave the festival and parking lot at any point during the day. Please remember to have your hand stamped so you may re-enter the festival without having to pay. Guests will be required to have their hand-stamped to re-enter the park. Festival only allows same day re-entry to the grounds.
Re-admission is not allowed after 7pm.
How much are tickets?
Festival Gate Admission
as of June 1, 2022
Adult – $26.95
Senior (65+) – $24.95
Child (5-12) – $17.95
Adult – $23.95
Child (5-12) – $15.50
Season Pass Admission
Adult – $104.95
Child (5-12) – $63.95
- Weekend Passes are good for two Festival entrances. Passes are non- transferable. Passes available at the Festival Box Office Only After August 15
Family 4 Pack
- Family 4 Pack is good for 2 Adult and 2 Child (5-12 yrs) Festival Admission Tickets.
*Children 4 and under are free, ages 5 – 12 need a child ticket*
Ticket inquiries may be directed to our sales department by emailing email@example.com
What does the admission price include?
Free parking, all entertainment shows, including the Tournament Jousting and Theme Weekend Events. You may choose to purchase arts and crafts items, food or beverage, or enjoy some rides and games (costs vary). You may also choose to attend one of our Daily Royal Events at an additional cost.
Do you offer Discount Tickets?
Discount tickets and coupons can be found at various locations. Check out our general admission page for a list of participating outlets.
Are there special discounts for Military Service Members?
Any member of the armed services, active or veteran, will receive $5 off their gate Admission to the 2021 festival with the proper ID. It’s our special way of saying thank you to our country’s biggest heroes. This deal is valid for all current and past military members with government issued ID. To take advantage of this discount, present a valid military ID at the festival box office.
During Wine, Chocolate & Romance Weekend (September 4, 5 & 6). The Minnesota Renaissance Festival is proud to announce a special promotion in honor of our nation’s military heroes: any member of the armed services, active or veteran, will receive up to TWO (2) Buy One Get One Free Adult Admission tickets to the festival. It’s our special way of saying thank you to our country’s biggest heroes. This deal is valid for all current or past military members with government issued ID. To take advantage of this discount, present a valid military ID at the festival box office. For more information on promotions, please check out our promotions page!
Are there special discounts for first responders?
During Woofstock Weekend (September 11th & 12th) First Responders including all Law Enforcement, Firefighter, and EMS personnel can enjoy a day of Live Combat Armored Jousting, 16 Stages of Exciting Entertainment, Food & Craft Beer Fit for a King or Queen at our First Responder half price admission day at the festival. Fire, Police and First Responder personnel who qualify for discount admission include: Firefighters, EMT’s, Uniformed Police Officers, State Troopers, 911 Dispatchers, Correction Officers, Evidence Technicians, Investigators, Medical Professionals & Nurses. To take advantage of this discount, present a valid First Responder ID at the festival box office during Woofstock (Weekend 4) only. For more information on promotions, please check out our promotions page!
Are Weekend Passes or Season Passes available?
Yes, passes can be purchased online or a the Festival Box Office