10 Family Friendly Activities to Experience at the Renaissance Festival
You and your family can enjoy a fun and interactive experience this summer at the Minnesota Renaissance Festival. Beginning August 20, the festival provides a number of family friendly activities for you to engage in. Here is a list showing some of the different ways you and your family can spend the day learning all there is to know about the Renaissance era while having fun!
- Meet the Princess Court: Experience the life of a princess by visiting the majestic princesses. Learn the royal manners, make crafts and enjoy a luncheon with these regal ladies of the kingdom. Feel free to dress up as a princess, and take pictures with them! Visit them daily at Cartwheel Cove.
- Fairy Wing Forest: Join the fairies of the kingdom in our enchanted forest! Here, you can make fairy wands, meet your favorite pixies, fairies, and other extraordinary creatures, and deepen your sense of wonder. These fascinating gardens are located near cartwheel cove and are a can’t miss for any family who appreciates the delightful magic of fairies!
- Children’s Knighting Ceremony: Do you have what it takes to become a member of the Round Table? You can receive the highest badge of honor by becoming a Knight of the Realm! Visit King’s Arbor at 3:30 to show off your honor and nobility.
- Dr. Thora Pandora’s Chemistry Experience: Participate in learning all things science at the festival. The Renaissance is known for exploring the different elements of wisdom and learning. Dr. Thora Pandora will show and teach you different physics demonstrations including gas bombs, smoke bubbles and Newtonian beads. Add this attraction to your fun-filled day at the festival! Visit the Cooking Demo Area by Como Cottage at 12:00 pm & 2:00 pm daily.
- Mermaid Cove: Mermaids are more than just a myth at the Renaissance Festival. The cove is filled with these creatures that dive, twirl and swim entertaining guests of all ages. It is rumored that if you’re lucky enough the mermaids may even share a piece of their magic with you! Located by Queen’s Pub and Fairy Wing Forest, you won’t want to miss this enchanting experience.
- Children’s Costume Contest: Does your child enjoy dressing up as their favorite character? If so, they can compete in our daily costume contest! Children 12 & under are welcome to participate for their chance to win a prize, and eternal glory of being the best dressed kid in the kingdom.
- Petting Zoo: For all the animal lovers out there, come meet new animal friends including chickens, rabbits, sheep and many more at the Petting Zoo located in Shepard’s Green. We have animals that will delight children and adults of any age. For those who are more daring, slither your way over to our reptile petting zoo in Shepards Green that features, snakes, turtles, alligators and more!
- Grand March Parade: Join us in celebrating the Royal Court, and other festival entertainers! You will have the chance to see the King and Queen, the Royal Guard, the Baron and Baroness of Worcester, the Princess Court and many more. One of the greatest ways to dive into the Renaissance spirit is to observe all that we have to offer in this entertaining march held daily at 11:30 am.
- Games and Rides: Do you enjoy a good challenge? Take on Renaissance themed games at the Fencing Booth and Jacob’s Ladder. You can also play darts, dueling buckets and scale our climbing wall. We also have pony rides, a pirate ship ride, and a swan swing. Activities can be found in Shepard’s Green, the Marketplace, Cartwheel Cove, and other places around the festival grounds.
- Kid Friendly Entertainers: Come see Robin Hood, Tuey the Juggler, Twig the Fairy, and the Danger Committee perform shows and tricks that are specifically aimed at entertaining families and guests of all ages.
- Robin Hood: Gypsy Stage @ 10:00am, 12:30pm, 2:00pm, 3:00pm & 4:00pm
- Tuey the Juggler: Grove Stage @ 11:45am, 1:00pm, 2:00pm, 3:15pm & 4:15pm
- Danger Committee: Bakery Stage @ 10:00am, 11:00am, 12:00pm, 2:30pm, 4:30pm & 5:30pm