Festival on Parade!
The Answer is Here!
Looking for important information and updates about all of the fun you can have at the first-ever Festival on Parade? Well, you’ve come to the right place.
Q: What is the Festival on Parade?
A: The first-ever Minnesota Renaissance Festival on Parade is a drive-through experience featuring over 30 of your favorite Festival foods. There will be exciting entertainment, featured artisans, and a chance to support Minnesota’s great Renaissance Tradition from the comfort and safety of your vehicle!
Q: What are the Dates and Hours of the Festival on Parade?
A: Weekends September 19th through October 18th plus Friday, October 2nd, 2020.
- Weekend arrival times each hour 11 a.m. 12 p.m. 1 p.m. 2 p.m. 3 p.m. and 4 p.m.
Q: What is the best way to get to the Parade?
A: From the North-
Travel down 169 South
Take a RIGHT onto Red Rock Drive (County Rd 14 W/ 150th Street)
Follow Red Rock Drive until it ends (145th Street) and then turn left
(entrance is visible and will have traffic cones and people directing you where to park)
A: From the South-
Take 169 North
Turn Right on County Rd 14
Take the first left (Louisville Township Rd)
Turn left on the 147th street overpass
Turn right on Red Rock Drive
Turn left on 145th Street
(follow the festival signs)
Q: How much are tickets?
A: $20 per vehicle
Q: What does the $20 admission ticket include?
A: Each $20 vehicle ticket includes entrance for your vehicle. As a thank-you for attending the event, each ticket purchaser will receive a Minnesota Renaissance Festival on Parade goodie bag (sponsored by Red Bull) including giveaway items from our sponsors and partners. The even also features exciting entertainment, free fun, games, and activities along the way! Tasty treats and Goodies from Artisans are not included in the ticket price.
Q: Do I have to be there exactly at my ticket time or can I come any time during the hour?
A: Please make sure to check your ticket and arrive on the day and time you selected.
Q: Are food purchases included in the admission ticket?
A: Food purchases are not included in the $20 vehicle ticket price.
Q: Can I bring my dog to Festival on Parade?
A: Along the parade route, dogs will not be permitted to leave their vehicles to eat or go potty. Before vehicles leave the festival grounds and after the last stop, they may stop for a short time in a parking lot to enjoy food or take a potty break. Please keep socially distanced from those nearby at all times.
Q: Will alcohol be for sale at the Festival on Parade?
A: Alcohol will not be available at the Festival on Parade event.
Q: Will there be restrooms?
A: Limited public portable toilets along the route will be available and are noted on the map.
Q: Can I attend as a pedestrian or biker? Can we go through the Festival on Parade on a bus or in an RV or over-sized vehicle?
A: Because this is a drive-thru event, guests must be in a standard passenger vehicle to participate; for safety and social distancing purposes, pedestrians, bikes and motorcycles will not be permitted. We understand that this may prevent those without vehicles from attending, but safety is our top priority, and mixing walkers and bikers with heavy vehicle congestion is a concern. In addition, because our village will be crowded with cars, and to keep the ordering process expedited, buses, RVs, limousines, commercial passenger vans, over-sized vehicles and trailers are not permitted.
Q: Can we ride in the bed of a truck?
A: Riding in the cargo area of a pickup truck is not permitted.
Q: Can I make special requests, ask for custom food orders or place a pre-order?
A: We will not be able to accommodate special requests or custom orders because of our need to move vehicles through the parade route as efficiently and quickly as possible. Pre-ordering will not be available.
Q: Is smoking permitted?
A: Smoking in your vehicle is permitted, but we ask that you not smoke when you’re interacting with artisans, food vendors, entertainers or staff.
Q: What happens if it rains?
A: The parade will go on rain or shine.
Q: Can I get out of my car to eat?
A: Along the parade route, guests will not be permitted to leave their vehicles to eat or picnic. Before vehicles leave the festival grounds and after the last stop, they may stop for a short time in a parking lot to enjoy their food. Please keep socially distanced from those nearby at all times.
- Bloodmobiles will be located in the King’s Gate Parking Lot, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Pre-registration is required, walk-in appointments will not be permitted.
- Register at: https://www.mbc.org/events/events/minnesota-renaissance-festival-blood-drive/
- Donors must be a Festival on Parade attendee Oct 2nd, 3rd or 4th to participate. No other blood drives or donor centers are included in this promotion. Bring ID. Eat before donating. No cold or flu symptoms for 72 hours. All prizes hold no cash value and are non-transferable.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- This is a drive-thru event, so we ask that people remain in their vehicles. We’ll bring the ordering and food to you!
- All vehicles will follow a one-way parade route through the festival grounds passing by each vendor. In some areas along the route, there will be a bypass lane. For traffic management and safety reasons, we are not able to create a bypass lane throughout the entire route.
- Please note that limited public portable toilets along the route will be available and are noted on the Festival on Parade map.
- The parade goes on rain or shine!
- Bring a pen with you to fill out your orders – we’ll provide the menus. Plus, you’ll need pens for in-car games.
- We encourage those in your vehicle who will be placing and paying for orders to wear masks. All employees and participants of the Festival will be wearing masks and Health guidelines will be followed.
- Tickets must have been purchased online in advance.
- All attendees must be in standard passenger vehicles. Pedestrians, bikes, motorcycles, buses, RVs, limousines, commercial passenger vans, over-sized-vehicles and trailers are not permitted.
**All information subject to change**